5/02/2005

A nice day off.

I spent the weekend in Portland for the Kanda house release party. It was really fun, although the cold I had last week combined with a hangover made for the worst hangover of my life the day of the party. I was so sick, like throw up sick, the all day! I looked like holy hell and was ducking out to the bathroom to throw up most of the party. It seemed very dramatic when the DJ was blaring Dusty Springfield while I was in the bathroom vomiting. I felt like a Class-A-Fool! I just imagine Kanda telling people "yeah, that's our label rep" with sound effects of me heaving behind them. They seemed to think it was pretty funny though, so maybe it was more like "hey, that's the lovable hobo who runs our record label". I can only hope.

I had a nice day off today. I was going to stay till Monday in Portland but I was so sick I came home with Brad early Sunday evening. Today I went out for coffee with my friend John, cashed in $32.73 worth of chance at coinstar, went to sonicboom and bought a Bridget Bardot DVD, did some much needed dish washing, and watched Herald and Kumar Go to Whitecastle, again. Heather watched with me but I think she was kind of lukewarm about it. She said it was a "guy movie".

I also talked to my grandmother today. She told me a great story about when she and Pa Paw Baker went to get their marriage license neither of them knew how old the other one was. She thought he was 35 and he thought she was 25. So when they went to get their license the lady asked how old my grandfather was and he said 28. As Ma Maw put it "the lady got real tickled when I looked so shocked". Then she asked my Ma Maw how old she was and Pa Paw was surprised that she was 33. "Is this going to be a problem?" she asked, and he said "it's not a problem with me if it's not with you" so they got married. On their wedding night Pa Paw looked at her in bed and said "just because your older than me don't think your going to be telling me what to do." I loved it, Ma Maw said "We both just got the biggest kick out of that"!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling back to normal now, Coco. Like I always say, "at least you didn't shit your pants, so it's all good."

Love,
P

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home