3/13/2007

I was listening to Gang Star at work...

and I heard Jeru the Damaja drop the line "we rock knots and got props like Norm Peterson".  It reminded me of this weird show I saw when I was a sophomore in high school with Jeru opening for Color Me Bad on a barge they have tied to Ohio River at a park in my hometown.  The show was booked a few weeks before Color Me Bad blew up when 'I Wanna Sex You Up' came out on the New Jack City soundtrack.  By the time they got to us they already thought they were megastars so they came out on stage, shat out three songs and left.  Assholes.  

The only thing to redeem that show was Jeru's amazing opening hour long performance.  I remember being really grateful that he cared enough to put on a good show on a rusty barge, in Huntington, West Virginia, for a bunch of white kids that came out see that came to see Color Me Bad.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home