5/18/2005

Rusty Trombones, Cleveland Steamers, and Dirty Wookies.

When I left tonight at four the line for the midnight showing of Star Wars at the Cinerama was reaching two blocks down towards my work. On my way out my co-worker Earl said "nail salon next door the geek line is reaching mmmmmm??" in his best Yoda voice but he sounded more like the Chicken Lady from Kids In The Hall. When I walked past the line people were dressed as Chewbaccas, Jawas, and Boba Fetts, with their leader The Star Wars Guy at the front of the line. If you don't know, The Star Wars Guy has been waiting in line since January first! He got evicted from the Cinerama for a while, so he moved to the imax but now he's back. I read an article about him, he's 27 and has spent 1/12 of his life waiting in line for Star Wars films.

I felt bad, for multiple reasons really, but there was a huge blast of thunder and lightning followed by a torrential down poor. Vintage 'I donated to PBS to save Red Dwarf' tee shirts were being absolutely drenched, smeared Darth Maul face paint was dripping on the ground, and people were chasing Magic The Gathering cards down a windy Fifth Avenue...it was a mess! Only eight more hours to go.

To be wet in the rain is one thing but to do so in a full Wookie costume that's another. A dirty, wet, Wookie. Nasty!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty Wet Wookie is the new anal.

-Poop Pit

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Torrential raining"? Where is the force when you need it?

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home