5/27/2005

Sophisticates.

My shift at work has changed and I'm getting readjusted. It's only an hour earlier but even an eight in the morning shift was a stretch for me. If I thought people walking to work at eight were bad, people at seven are total C.H.U.D.s! Now that I leave an hour earlier at four I don't get to see our night security guard Wally anymore. He's one of my favorite people at work. He used to book bands in Seattle back in the 60's and he's always bringing in his thrift store record finds to show us. He's always got some new zinger that makes me happy. For example, one of the first times I met him he said "your bald head must be like the solar-panel for a sex machine [pause] I saw that on a T-shirt once"! Apparently he didn't notice how pastey I am, but it was a sweet sentiment.

Speaking of hair (or lack there of), last weekend Heather had me look though "hair magazines" with her. I never knew this but there are whole magazines with just photos of hair styles. As a man and being bald since my early twenties you can imagine how foreign of a concept this might be to me. We went thought the magazines with names like the "Sophisticates Hairstyle Guide" and "Celebrity Hairstyles" where I circled and discussed styles I liked with her. It was fun! I'm gay, you say? No, it's a bald thing, you wouldn't understand. You always hear "never trust a bald barber" but I think bald guys know more about and appreciate hair more than anyone. The only time I ever get upset about not having hair is when I see people with great hair abusing it. Ironic hair bothers me the worse. Pho-mullets for example make me want to kill myself or other people in the face. Just like every cowboy has a sad, sad, song you don't know what you got till it's gone.

Speaking of gay, big thanks to my friend Shane Bryant who brought to fruition my dream of a pink offset by a "masculine" brown blog. Sorry fellas, I'm talking about the blog, not Shane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home