8/22/2005

Tails from the racetrack.

Two embarrassing things happened to me while at the track.

First off a teller scolded me for not being able to process my ticket on a winning bet because I got pizza grease on it. Um, sorry, I'm from West Virginia, I didn't know all your devices weren't grease proof up here. Back home it's a necessity.

The second, while pulling out my notes (yes I had notes, I won 50 bucks didn't I) out of my orange bag all these US Weeklys and Celebrity Livings that I got at work fell out of my bag. I had to drop to my knees and pick them up while holding up the line, needless to say, it didn't do much for my gambling cred.

Speaking of my nancy boy tendencies, I cried and cried and cried while watching the series finale of Six Feat Under last night. I just really love that show, and the finale was stomach punchingly heart wrenching. Rarely do I even shed a tear in a movie and I've never done so for a TV show before, but wow, that was best ending to any show ever. For reals.

Speaking more on my nancy boy tendencies, has anyone seen My Super Sweet 16 on MTV yet? It's rich girls who's parents are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on their sweet sixteenth birthday parties. It's crazy!

Ugg, I'm feeling matronly, I'm going to go eat some meat or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger GSB said...

I totally was reading this the other day and had to quit because I saw the beginning of your six feet under sentence and was afraid you were gonna give something away... Well I just finished watching the finale 5 minutes ago and I'm by myself and so I had to tell somebody, or something, ... well, I have to say something, but I don't know what... Fuck, that was powerful. The best show on television, ever. Ever. That was the most perfect ending possible. I cried so much.... Damn, I love that show.... I'm wiping a tear away right now...

9:22 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

Check out the obituaries on HBOs site, they give a lot more insight on the last part of the episode. Also, on your recommendation, I started watching Deadwood last night. Me likey.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home