8/18/2005

What'cha gonna do, brother.

I’ve had a few whirlwind weekends in a row.

Friday, August 5th: I went to Pam’s birthday, where under my luchador alias ‘El Bee’ I wrestled in whip cream. It being her birthday, Pam was the técnicos (good guy) and I was the rudos (bad guy). I rubbed a hand full of whip cream in her eyes blinding her for the remainder of her matches. I took the high road and kept my barbwire wrapped baseball bat at home since it was her birthday.





Me, mexican wrestling mask, whip cream.

Saturday, August 6th: History was made at our kickball finals as Champain Jamm became the only defeated (opposite of undefeated) team in WKL's three year legacy! In our final game we let a seven year old girl play for us and laid out a Slip'N'Slide going into first base. After we lost the rest of the afternoon was spent Slip'N'Slideing over on the side lines. I passed out sick when I got home, most likely having to do with exercising, binge drinking, and the hot sun.

The set up.

Jam him home, let the naked guy deal with it!

He's safe!

Ain't nothing wrong with doin' da butt all night long.

Gotta be jelly cuz jamm don't shake like that!

Sunday, August 14th: Pam called Heather and I and asked us if we wanted to go to a blueberry farm! On out way there we found this strange Alpine Days Fest going on in North Bend (the town Twin Peaks was filmed in). We ran an obstacle course, jumped in a bounce chamber, bought pickles, watched the Bubbleman, and...wait a second...has anyone ever seen the Bubbleman? He puts children in full sized bubbles which is cool! The only problem is he's an old hippie who works his politics in to his bubble act. He'll make bubbles then be like "don't eat at McDonalds kids" then make more bubbles and say "don't watch Disney films". I'd seen him once before and that gets old real quick, but he was for the most part fun. At Alpine Days he had totally his mind.

He was set up across a booth that was selling candy and soft drinks for children who are dieing in hospitals. I know this because, earlier I bought a CD from them because a kid said "would you like to buy a CD that children who are dieing in hospitals made". Um, yes, I do! Anyways, the bubbleman started attacking the children dying in hospitals booth during his show for selling Minutemade because it's a coke product.

An open letter to the Bubbleman:

I liked you at first because you're business card said "I'm availabbubble for your party" and that's funny. You've got a great show but may I suggest that you keep the political stuff to a minimum. No one wants to see the Bubbleman run down people selling minutemade for children's hospitals! Obviously, Coca-Cola's social responsibility for protecting the environment is debatable, but no one wants hear that debate from a fucking guy who's blowing bubbles. Please shut the fuck up and just make the bubbles.

Signed,

L. Allen Baker

After that we got our olanmills-esque pictures taken at christen booth that were, um, taking peoples pictures, for some reason, see below.

34146932_08eb6d20cf[1]

After a snow cone break, we preceded on to our original destination...the blueberry farm! We had to search pretty hard for berries because the farm had been picked though. Afterwards, we stopped by the krispy kream in Issaquah to watch their Rube Goldberg looking donut machine and get some hot donuts. Mmmmm.

Jump jump.

obstacle course wall, me.

Blueberry blast.

Blueberry farm.

This weekend I have Todd's bachelor party, so I'm sure I'll have contracted Hep C by Monday, pictures of that will be forthcoming.

Side note 8/19: I just heard from Brad and he was a judge in the chili cook-off at Alpine days last year. How could an important detail like this about one of my best friends go unknown to me for so long?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, kid!

I'm tested! Only got the clap!

-todd

1:10 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

I've heard that one before. Todd Arkley, file under Heps C through H.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home