8/19/2005

Brown Panty Set.

I DJed at the War Room last night for the Dandy Warhols release party/Jeppe (Senior, from Junior Senior) thing that my friend Nadine put on. I kept my wits about me and didn’t get totally wasted, but I didn’t get into bed until well after three so I'm feeling it today at work. It was super short, I literally DJed like 5 songs, but it was a really good time. I got to see my friends Nolen, Jen, Robert and bunch of other friends that I haven't seen forever. Jeppe played Bell Biv DeVoe and Bobby Brown back to back, I think quality like that speaks for itself.

My walk home seemed like a dream. I was all sweaty and struggling to carry all my DJ crap when in front of The Eagle I saw some commotion going on. Two guys seemed to be arguing over what looked to be a puppet. One of the guys kept yelling "what's his name?" and the other guy said "Brown Panty Set". As walked past them avoiding eye contact I hear a cartoony voice yell at me "linnnnndsey, come over here". The voice kind of sounded like a mixture between Mr. T and Glomer on the old Punky Brewster cartoon. I looked over and a rather large dragon marionette was talking to me and being controlled by my friend Robert.

"I just bought this off a homeless guy", he said. "That guy", I said pointing to other guy, who had wondered off at that point. "No, another homeless guy, that guy just wanted to play with it." Then Brown Panty Set said "let's got to Dick's and get a milkshake". "No", I responded politely, "I've got to work in the morning". Brown Panty Set looked pissed and said "Sute yourself, those milkshakes are good", then left.

As they walked off I heard Robert say "Oh man, my wife's going to be so pissed when I bring you home", and that was the end of it. Geez, full moon weirdness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Man, that's pretty cool about getting to DJ with Senior, though. What'd you play?

2:47 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

I played The Rogers Sisters `Secrets of Civilization' then I mistakenly let it go over into 'Check Level' the next Rogers song on that CD while Linda and I were getting things switched over. After that it was, Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five - 'Scorpio'. Then Eric asked me if I could go into his set with some Disco so I played Disco Tex and His Sex-O-Lets - 'Get Dancin' and M - 'Smash the Mirror' I twas such a tiny set. Linda really wanted me to DJ with her so I could play some newer stuff but then her set got cut to half an hour, quality over quantity I guess.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Hey, I am always a fan of adding M to the mix, though. And it's kinda funny because for a while, I only knew Disco Tex and His Sex-O-Lets from a namecheck in a Pet Shop Boys song. ("Metamorphisis", IIRC, from Bilingual.)

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home