4/03/2006

Am I out of line here?

On Friday I saw this “interview” on the Seattlest. When I searched for the band or the lead singer on google I couldn't find anything, not one thing, nothing! I wrote something snotty in the comments, then the writer snotted back. His response, was 'sorry you didn't find anything, I guess YOU just don't know where to look' and sent me a few pictures from the fascinating, poor mans Terry Richardson project The Cobra Snake.

It just bothered me because the interview comes across so "dude, let’s do the interview like we’re a real band" with no substance to back it up. It tapped in to a lot of problems I have with Seattle. I'm not being too Joe Rogan about this am I?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, if you're going to do a sarcastic, hype piece to make fun of yourself or your brethren, you have to at least pay a LITTLE attention to the presentation. How do these people have writing gigs? Is there anything more sad than half-assed sarcasm?

I think you are the only person who reads Seattlest, Linds.

Holy shit I've wanted to do like a geek spin-off of Cobra Snake for years where like we look for computer programmers or something around town all night and take pictures of them holding up gang signs.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, was this satire? I think that being more like the "zine" Amanda and I put out when we were fifteen and didn't have any real information to share is probably a good move for Seattlest.

And yes, you are being too Joe Rogan about it. You're too Joe Rogan about EVERYTHING, Lindsey.

--brad

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, "Lindsey"

--brad

4:32 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

So it's satire>?

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's either stupid satire or a totally gay interview that nobody should care about.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home