3/24/2006

1upsmanship.

My friend Adam wrote me yesterday with some fresh video game rhymes. So I decided to 8 mile with him, dork style, and spit some of my own.

Adam:

I wanna whip you into a Castlevania frenzy,
and rev up your Excitebike-
I can do up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right all night,
I'm on a Duck Hunt for 8-bits of love.

I'd pay a River City Ransom,
to be your Kid Icarus for the night,
I'd even Punch Out! Mike Tyson,
In a Double Dragon/Battletoads fight.

If you'll be my Princess, I'll be your Mario-
Drop down your Warp Pipe for subterranean treasure,
Eat a Magic Mushroom to increase my size,
Finding your Fire Flower is my ultimate pleasure,
As I Jump-kick your Koopa shell for infinite lives.


Mine:

Ketchup Burgertime cuz you're Oregon Trailing me
Got hands thick and calloused, more game than genie
Rocking blocks like R.O.B. cuz I'm Gyromighy
RC Pro-AM to PM, I kick the stick nightly.

I'm like Hagar or Rygar you're like Captain Planet.
I've read Stone Hands, so you know my shit is granite
I'm a double dragon just like Robert Patrick
While you're typing to Larry "put on prophylactic"

I'm the master, brain and blaster
got 'em saying "it's a hit" like an 8bit sportscaster
So many coins in my pockets, I gots endowment funds
When it comes to the game I'm Thor Aackerlund


Seriously, you try rhyming "blowing in her cartridge" with anything other than "partridge". It's hard!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Dude, you win just for mentioning R.O.B. And also Leisure Suit Larry.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shit ain't over!
I gots more fire to spit!

I think, honestly, that 1upsmanship deserves it's own site, and that we need to keep this shit going.

I mean, that fucking Zelda rap from the commercial back in the day was just the seed from which a whole generation of game-nerd rap-love was born.

The geek shall inherit the earth.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um. HelLO. This whole video game thing has already been done by the purveyor of pleasing through fat p'ussy rhymes, rapper Cunning Linguist.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home