1/30/2006

Good news, bad news.

Good news, they're making a movie about the Marshall University (my home town school and alma mater) football tragedy. If you don't know, a plane crash in 1970 killed most of the players and coaches of our team; it's always rated among the top sports tragedies of all time. I was born in '76 so growing up it was hard not to know someone who had been affected by the tragedy, 75 people died and it's a small town. Obviously it's a intence story, if done correctly I think it could be a really good movie.

But…

It’s being directed by McG of Charlie's Angels/Charlie's Angels:Full Throttle/Korn videos fame. Matthew McConaughey's staring in it though, that's good, I guess. Concidering how my oft maligned West Virginia is potrayed in films I have luke warm hopes, leave it to McG to have some matrix camera spinning around someone spitting chaw into a spittoon.

Other than 'Matawan' and 'October Sky' are their any good films that take place in West Virginia?

2 Comments:

Blogger LAB said...

Has anyone seen Bubble yet? That's a WV movie.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um hello? Mothman?

--brad

PS I think, in the movie, they should make the plane crash into the eighth street viaduct. That would look awesome.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home