2/22/2006

Wise blooded, check it and see.

People seemed really hostile today, I had two weird incidents with people on my way to work. The first guy was comical enough, he was a wiry little Limp Bizkity looking guy wearing toboggan (a winter cap, as you call it here in the Pacific Northwest) with flames on it. He was out on a morning stroll with a docile looking pit bull. I smiled at the dog from far away and he didn't like that. Angry that the dog wasn't intimidating he started to walk faster and more hurky jerky towards me. By the time we passed his walk had practically become a ridiculous looking dance and he'd started rapping under his breath. This culminated in him yelling "HE WON'T BITE, IT'LL BE SELF DEFENSE" and letting out a high pitched "BWAAAAAAAHAHA" as he past me. His yelp sounded like you might expect, in a your dad said "Booo-Ya" because he heard it on Sports Center sort of way

The next guy was less fun. He was wrestling with his girlfriend while crossing the street. The girl almost bumped into me while trying to jump to the sidewalk to avoid oncoming traffic. I politely said "sorry" and the guy started yell at me to "back the fuck up, faggot" and continued to scream at me until I was a few blocks down the road. I don't like extended crazy that's coming at me from behind, so that actually frightened me.

Surprisingly, neither of those incidents happened on Pike where I've come to expect walking though a gantlet of maniacs in the morning. On top of that everyone just seemed a little off kilter today, did anyone else experience any weirdness from people or was it just me? Perhaps all the Flannery O'Connor I've been reading is making me a lightning rod for these sorts of things, or warping my mind into thinking I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Heston said...

that is very flannery o'connor. i only had weird dungeon master experiences today, and i lost my wallet whilst trying to buy turquoise from an old timey lady, and there were 6 smelly boys in my house, so there was a lot of drunk wrastling and smoking the sweet leaf. so wait...i guess i had a flannery day also.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird - the guy with the pit bull and the flame cap was on my bus today.

He was making super loud "wisecracks" the whole ride - which noone was laughing at.

How Fun!

Andy

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We call it a BEANIE you fucking retard. How many times do we have to tell you?

Call me.

--brad

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll box both of their ears if they try to mess with you. I have your back.

Love,
Your bruiser girlfriend
Heather

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home