1/31/2006

In the Heat of the Night.

I remembered another local celebrity from my hometown. It was always rumored that Carroll O'Connor's stunt double from In the Heat of the Night lived in Huntington. I never met him but it's just one of those things that you'd hear about too often not to be true. People would always be talking about some crazy shit that Carroll O'Connor's stunt double was doing at the bar over the weekend. I always imagined him getting in fights that started with him saying "Do you know who I am? I'm Carroll O'Connor's fucking stunt double from In the Heat of the Night!" and ending with someone getting thrown in slow motion over a bar into glass storm of liquor bottles. In collage I even bought a crystal ball at a yard sell that the owner told me was used as a prop on In the Heat of the Night, allegedly sold to him by Carroll O'Connor's stunt double.

Later I later heard that Carroll O'Connor's stunt double was a huge drug addict by the time he got to Huntington, the glue that brought all the stories together.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Heston said...

holy crap. lets visit your town together. sounds like there be lots of husband material there.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's true. Jimmy said that Carol O'Connor's stunt double never went into the driftwood, but that he heard lots of reports of Carol O'Connor's stunt double fucking shit up at the Valhalla.

--brad

5:16 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

If heroes are my dads friends from his bowling league and a butcher named Danny that changes karaoke songs around to suggestively include the lyrics "I'm the meat man" then the Valhalla was a heaven for heroes indeed.

I've never really thought about it but the Valhalla had the buzzer/members only thing (including but not exclusive to members only jackets) going on too, it was kind of like a straight Driftwood.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home