6/02/2005

Birthday no shy, hush hush Gemini.

It's my birthday and I'm at work, blah. I've never worked on my birthday before! In the past I always take the day off. I know that, as Heather politely put it "almost all adult people have had to work on their birthdays" but the only child in me just ain't having it. Despite them having no way of knowing, I was irritated this morning when not enough people at work were wishing me a happy birthday. I had to ask my friend Robin to do a WORK-ALL email to tell everyone. You may see this move as needy but I feel that it gave everyone the opportunity to make an informed decision as to if they wanted to wish me a happy birthday or not. The "happy birthdays" started to roll in after that and things got better ...but I'm still at work...er.

I haven't been feeling old for any birthday related reasons but yesterday at work we got in a Alanis Morissette 'Jagged Little Pill' ten year anniversary edition. My ten year reunion last year (no, I declined to go) didn't make me feel old but fucking Alanis Morissette's poop ass CD reissue did. Weird. I guess it's becasue I equate everything it terms of music and fashion.

Here's what I'm going to be doing for my birthday from an email I sent out to my friends.

Dear friends,

It's my mother fucking birthday! What can be expected for the following weekend? Well, a harmonic oscillator is a mechanical system in which there exists a returning force F directly proportionate to the displacement x, i. An example of this would be Boyles self-flowing flask fills it (diagram included below). How is this weekend smilier to Mr. Boyles flask you ask? You can also look to my birthday for another example of perpetual motion cuz there ain't no party like a Lindsey party cuz a Lindsey party don't stop!

The plan tonight is for a low key dinner at the Ipanema Brazilian Grill (new restaurant from the owners of the Buenos Aires grill) ) around 8 and possibly some drinks afterwards. If anyone would like to come to dinner let me know because I'm going to make reservations. Tomorrow I have to DJ at the Whisky Bar from 6-10 but please stop by and birthday with us if you'd like. We'll most likely go to Bush Gardens afterwards for some karaoke! But my "real party" party will be Saturday where I'll be chillin' at the at The Panda AKA the Broadway Wok & Grill (614 Broadway Ave E, Seattle, next door to the Jade Pagoda) I love you all you guys more than you'll ever know so come and pay your respects to me on my 29th year on this earth!


birthdaychart

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about not working on your birthday...I have never done it, and I've never gone to school on my birthday either (yay for summer birthdays!). So we'll make up for your lame working birthday by throwing down this weekend! In your words..."OOOWWWW!"

-Pam

5:42 PM  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

I remember that two years ago, my birthday was actually on the weekend, which was pretty cool, so it was just last year that I basically had to work on my Birthday, so that was kind of a bummer.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home