6/07/2005

No-Cav.

I went to the DDS for the first time in three or so years today. I heart going to the dentist, my mouth feels so clean! I was also exposed to a new innovation, get this, grape latex flavored gloves! Overall, my teeth are pretty good. I'm still a long time member of the No-Cavity Club but because of waiting so long between appointments my gums aren't so hot. They cleaned my upper teeth today and I've got two additional appointments for my lower teeth in July. The hygienist said "knocking plaque off teeth is like knocking the barnacles off a boat [pause] it's really cool for me. Word! My upper teeth feel great, I can't wait to have my lower ones done too! As much as I love the dentist I'm still a little pensive about this other news, on July 28th I'm having my wisdom teeth removed. Errr.

I also grabbed a quick snap shot of another kind of plaque (pun, intended) at the dentist. It didn't say "proudly serving old people, retards, and black people (possibly retarded black people) since 2002", but it should have.

IMG_0265

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to get my wisdom teeth pulled too, but my dental insurance is so cheap and crappy that they'll only pay for that under certain weird circumstances. I am really scared to do it too since my stuff is all impacted. Meow.

I love the "knocking barnacles off a boat" analogy.

That reminds me...I'm about due for another cleaning.

-P

2:05 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

Yeah, it was funny because she was so genuine about it. I’m staring up at her from the chair she paused, stopped cleaning, and looked into my eyes and said “it’s really cool for me”. It was intense!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home