9/01/2005

You're not Ghetto fabulous, you SLUM PITIFUL.

I just put a rap song by T-Bone "The Redeemed Hoodlum" on the Christian Music CD at work. There's a picture of him as Che Guevara on front with a cross on his beret. See below:

B000AV2G7Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_[1]

It was good see T-Bone is still suckling hard on the dried up tit of mediocrity; it brought back some good memories.

Back when I was music director at WMUL I had FULL AXCESS to the entire collection the of Christian rap! It was awesome. With Christian rap, like most contemporary Christian music, the idea was to make a carbon copy of whatever's popular with a christen slant. Every Sunday you could listen to mealy-mouthed DJs playing watered down versions of "new songs" that were coming out an awkward amount of time past the popularity of whatever they're emulating.

I consider the 90's the golden age of christen hip hop. With more hardcore acts like Dre and Snoop getting popular on mainstream radio christen rap tried to follow suite. I specifically remember T-Bone because he would act like he was going to say “mother fucker” but instead say “mother, father, sister, brother”. I don't know if it was T-bone or not but in one song with exact Snoop Dogg cadence, I kid you not, I heard the phrase "smoking the Jesus chronic". The new T-bone, Bone-A-Fied, was more Nü Metaly. I can just see him calling up a friend a few weeks ago saying "Man, this Rage Against The Machine you loaned me changed my life."

T-bone, keeping it real for people who still think "keeping it real" is still a SUPER cool phrase to say.

I've been listing to Trina non-stop recently. If it's encouraging her male suitors to "put their face down in her chu-cha" or "fuck the dog shit" out of her, the Diamond Princess keeps me blushing though and though. She also has one of my favorite album covers off all time.

B00004R8Q5.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_[1]

Speaking of chu cha's (or the holy union of a chu-cha and a tinky) Todd and Mel's wedding was super fun. I danced for like eight hours straight at, and after, the reception. I'm still sore. James put up a flickr group for the wedding here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home