6/13/2005

You got Arbuckled.

Not nearly often enough do I think about the landmark 'Fatty' Arbuckle rape trial of 1921. Thankfully today our Security guard at work, Wally, started comparing the Jacko and Fatty cases. It was about the only Jacko commentary that I could have tolerated at that point after hearing everyone at work flip out all day about MJ. I mean I'll admit, I totally kept refreshing my news when they gave that five minutes till the verdict warning but then I got distracted by an article about Katie Holmes converting to Scientology for Tom. He has a "minder" travel with her now you know. Yup.

fatty

1 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

In college, referring to the whole case as "Fatty Arbuckle Had an Uh-Oh!" or just "Fatty Arbuckle's Uh-Oh!" was a huge injoke that people either found hilarious or horrifying. (or both!) Although, from what I understand, it was later proven that Fatty didn't actually do it, and it ruined his career over nothing, which is too bad. (So, I suppose if anyone complains, his Uh-Oh was merely the fact that he got tried and convicted in the Media Court of a crime he didn't commit. Yes, that's totally what we meant.)

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home