7/11/2005

A Bastille Day To Remember.

Heather begrudgingly went to see Land of the Dead with me yesterday. She agreed to do so only after I told her she could pull the 'zombie card' on me later and I would go see Two If By Sea Two or something girly with her at a later date. I thought Land Of The Dead was great, she thought it "kept her entertained".

After that, we met up with Pam at some weird citywide bar yard sell thing at the Mirabeau Room. A group of over 50 local bars had donated the items in their lost and founds with the proceeds going to the, quite worthy of the dough, Vera Project. We arrived a little past the one o'clock start so there wasn't much to offer. Either the good stuff had been picked though or there's a huge divide between people who leave shit out while drinking, and people who leave shit out while drinking and come back and get it the next day (my demographic). Based on the ugg-o clothes and a number of other reasons let's assume the latter, it would certainly make me feel better about myself. I did find a cute vintage cardigan with three multi-colored diamonds on the breast and Heather found an old red and blue American Airlines stewardess skirt! I had better luck in CDs, where I got CD's by Kimya Dawson, Damon & Naomi, Sparrow, Orange Juice, and another that I can't currently remember.

We were out of the yard sell pretty quick so we decided to walk over to Seattle Center. We followed the location on a sign that said "Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour Semi-Finals" only to find out that happened the day before. Shit! Luckily, we did laser tag, bumper cars, and some playing in that squirting fountain to entertain ourselves. Walking around more, we found a Bastille Day celebration. We ate cheese and kicked soccer balls, tre bon!

Oh, good news, today's my first day back at 8 am (instead of 7) at work...my circadian rhythm is feeling good as a mother fucker right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Oh, weird, they put you back on at 8? That's cool -- does that mean the "hiring people back" stage of the "fire everyone then realize they fucked up" cycle is kicking in?

10:29 PM  
Blogger LAB said...

We need to start a laser tag league or challenge any WKL team to a laser tag rematch. (Little known fact: L-Tag is a nickname of mine.)

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home