7/19/2005

You're cool now, you fucking dork.

From the perspective of the person who had this conversation with me at work...

Person at work: You know you are really too much. You're really cool now, do you know that?
Me: Um, well, thank you.
PAW: Yeah, I just read an article in the P.I. about how geeks are cool now.
Me: (blank stare)
PAW: Yeah, like your big glasses all of that, it's cool now!
Me: (blank stare)
PAW: (excited to be relating to me stare)


...what did they think my response to this might be?

"That's great, if you ever need any repairs done on your computer you just let me know."

What the fuck! So I looked for the article. Apparently the authors "case in point" is that some High School orchestra kids in a Chicago suburb all got t-shirts that say "ORCH DORKS" on them. Now that geek is sheik they can do that, but before they would received an American History X style curbing from their more popular class mates.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am way ahead of the PI. I have long admired the virtues of a dork in glasses. Ticket to my heart.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home